Thursday, March 26, 2009

100th Post! Oh, and QUOTES VII

INT. GRACE HOTEL LOBBY-MORNING

The ENTIRE DESIGN CREW sits in the lobby, bittersweet about having to leave New York City soon. HAVEN comes downstairs, and mentions something to KATHERINE about LUGGAGE and INDOOR STORAGE COMPARTMENTS, but I can't remember.

INT. TNT BUS-DAY

JAMES EARL JONES: A two hour bus ride is all that seperates THE DESIGN CREW from Hotel Grace and JFK. Bathed in gold light from the setting sun and sleep deprived, most slumber on the blue seats of the bouncing bus. The ones that have managed to stay awake, however, suffer from GIDDY GIRL SYNDROME (GGS, see Quotes V- Jon, John and Daniel).

J.E.J. (cont.): In between bouts of singing and hysterics, a somewhat intelligent conversation occurs when HAVEN talks to JON (W), KATHERINE and CHARLOTTE about how Greenaway's The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover utilized a very staged, compositional style of framing for his mis-en-scene.

HAVEN: You know it's like that because he is a painter!

JON: It was called...um...uh...I can't believe I forgot...OH! Tableau style!

KATHERINE: Tableau me!

INT. TNT BUS-LATER

JOHN (C) makes reference to KATHERINE'S TALL SIZE as a fifth grader. He might have even called her a "Monster" in the process. KATHERINE ERUPTS INTO GIDDY LAUGHTER.

KATHERINE: I am Katherine, hear me roar!

INT. TNT BUS-LATER

J.E.J.: A conversation about ICE CREAM TRUCK MUSIC and its differences in regions is started. The topic shifts to LA, and about the PUSH CART VENDORS there.

CHARLOTTE: There's a woman on my block that screams TAMALES! TAMALES! TAMALES-!

KATHERINE: TABLEAU ME!

---
SCENE! THAT'S A WRAP, PEOPLE!

7 comments:

  1. Yea I [heart] Greenaway even when he's over the top melodramatic.

    AND Katherine isn't a monster, at my house we call it "alpha-grl"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... the storage statement was about Katherine + I in the closet (our luggage that is)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the worst thing about GGS is that you never think it's going to affect you... until it does. and then you've lost all self-respect. and the respect of others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I never expected you to write the closet comment on the blog, Haven! Of course I remember that event perfectly. GGS cannot be cured, only treated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like an incomplete thought or half finished book - I just HAD to finish it, so compulsive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found a dvd of The Pillow Book while packing my studio! Another beautifully set Greenaway flick. Let me know if you've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I borrow it? Pleeeaaaase?

    ReplyDelete