Monday, March 9, 2009

Marie's Awesome Answers!

Expectations for trip and design appointments :
---------------------------
As a graduating senior, I am still unsure about where I fit into the design world. I hope to gain a better idea of where I want to work in the future: in house, small firm, large firm, etc. I hope that each appointment will represent how each company is run and what it would be like to work in the same sort of environment.

Companies most excited about / how it fits my interest :
---------------------------
Martha Stuart - I have this weird interest in Martha Stuart as a person. I used to really dislike her, but once she went to jail and I heard about how her TV personality (calm and collected) is completely different from her business/real personality ("bitchy", obsessive, driven) I found her immediately interesting. I know this has nothing to do with the company as a whole, but i like the idea of seeing how a design company is run under such a large corporation esp. with Martha at the top.
C&G - they have a large list of clients such as AIGA, colleges, and museums. I find their environmental design the most interesting for that is an area of design that I have little experience in, but I am most interested in at the moment.
AIGA national - I plan to continue my involvement with AIGA past graduation, possibly as more then just a registered member. 


"West coast" design vs. " East coast" design : 
--------------------------
I am on the same page with most of the class for I feel I do not know enough about design nationally to specify differences in the styles. I also agree with Haven where I think my ideas of east or west coast design will come from my general stereotypes I have about the attitudes/feeling of either coast. Most importantly I think that vivd/demure/wild/conservative or any other themes of design can and do come from either coast and generalizing either coast with a specific style might be a mistake. I think our design styles come from many sources (life experiences, schooling, up brining, current work, etc...as well as location)

No comments:

Post a Comment