Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I heart Siegel+Gale

Today was an epic day, however I have to apologize beforehand because I dont have any pictures to post.

Once again it was another full day of appointments. First it was Courtney & Company, then Siegel+Gale, Baseline, and finally CG Partners.

Courtney & Company was really cool. They were one of the only few companies that paid very close attention to what their clients may like. They are also very selective about the clients they accept. They are currently a company of only five people but they produce awesome work. They definitly have the right idea about how they accept clients and doing probono work for non-profit organizations, but being so selective with their clients worries me a bit in an economy like this. However regardless of that, I strongly believe that they will pull through no matter what. They have a good business model.

Siegal+Gale made it to the top of my list today for sure after I saw their studio and seeing their outlook on what branding is. They feel that branding is not just creating a logo but also creating and overall swagger for their clients, how they look, talk, and smell. They also have an office out in downtown Los Angeles, so I will be looking into that when I get back.

Baseline was very informational. I felt that they had an abundant amount of information about how to run a design firm from a business standpoint. The biggest piece of advice that I remember clearly is, "be resourceful to your client." If you feel that there is something that your client needs to do that is beyond your capabilities, still advise them to do so and help them proceed onwards towards that goal, even if it means passing the job onto someone else. However by doing so, you have become resourceful and trustworthy to your clients and you will have a higher chance of creating a long term relationship with that client.

CG Partners. All I have to say is that Swiss influenced design is ridiculously awesome. I saw work that was beyond my imagination. All I want to do is be Steff's apprentice now, either that or go to Switzerland and study there for another six years. But of course both are unrealistic for me, so I will have to work twice as hard to get where I want to end up.

After all of our appointments were finished we went to go watch a Broadway show called, "In the Heights." It was an interesting experience, but I still think Wick'd was way better.

So that concludes all of our appointments forour New York Study trip. Tomorrow will be a day of touring New York like true tourists. And maybe a drink or two, we'll see.

Also today I am officially and uncle! Shout out to my niece Katelyn! I love you!

Until next time,

Feed the Omen!

1 comment:

  1. Wicked was only good the first act. "In the Heights" FTW!

    ReplyDelete