Monday, March 16, 2009

Quarters and Cupcake for John Coleman THE FIFTH!

Day 3 and it is yet another early morning.
Our first visit was to Roadside Entertainment. A really cool production agency, however I cant imagine myself working there.
The Next place we visited was Landor Associates, one of my new favorite corporate identity design agencies. They had some awesome clients in the past and they have done and awesome job with their branding for each one of those clients, Beyond Petroleum being one of them. I can definitely see myself working in a company like this. Good thing there is one in San Francisco.

After Landor we walked down a few more blocks and visited the AIGA office in New York. I never new that Aiga members had so many resources available to us, especially if we live in New York. We saw some pretty cool design work in the archives and hopefully I can go back there and do some inspiration research of my own.

Aiga was fun and all but by that time my stomach was growling like crazy so Daniel, Sarah, Andrea, Sylvia and I all went to grab a quick bite at a hotdog stand. Finally when our stomaches were slightly refueled, the whole group headed over to Martha Stewart Design.

Martha Stewart Design was freaking huge! The office took up a whole block on the ninth floor. I definitly felt like I was walking through a city of its own. We also bumped into Martha Stewart and had a very brief conversation, she also offered us tickets to her show tomorrow, but seeing how our schedule in New York is packed, I don't know if we'll make it or not. Thanks anyway Martha. Some of were able to get a picture, like Daniel, but I was too slow with my camera. Oh and here is a picture to spite Haven. :)

Is it real Haven? Or is it fake? Are you going to get a phone call anytime soon? Thats right! Thats what you get for being FIVE minutes late today in the morning! ;) By the way, if you do get a phone call...it was all Katherine's idea.. :D

When all the appointments were all done, Daniel, Sarah, John Coleman V, Chandler, and I decided to make an epic journey out to Soho...well not quite so epic, but a journey all the same. Along the way Sarah committed an act of vandalism?!?! Is this true!?!

So in order for us to not report Sarah to the police, we made her buy cupcakes...no not really, she bought cupcakes on her own accord. John had one though and it was tiny! Also John totally tried to pick up quarters that were superglued to the floor of the subway entrance today. That was hilarious :D

As the journey continued we ended up going to Supreme, Uniqlo, H&M, and a three story Urban Outfitters. I ended up buying a hat at Supreme and a jacket at Uniqlo...I have to say Uniqlo is probably one of my new favorite stores...too bad its only in New York...for now at least.

Well, today was definitly a long day and im exhausted and its only 10:23pm. What am I going to do tomorrow when its St. Patricks Day?!?! I guess we'll find out!

Until next time,

Feed the Omen!


3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH! ugly omen at martha stewart! that's good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my idea. Or was it? Maybe I am Omen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK... 5 minutes, but it's only because I'm up so late every night to police the blog.

    ReplyDelete