Sunday, March 8, 2009

Charlotte's Answers to the Questions

• What are your expectations for the trip and design appointments?
I expect to experience/see how different areas of design work and their respective environments. I am hoping to come out of the trip with a very specific idea about where I want to work and for what kind of company. I'm also hoping to network, meet new people, and get to know the people who are going on the trip better.

• What company or companies are you most excited to visit?
I'm most excited to visit Enamel, I suppose. Right now I think I want to work in a small graphic design firm after graduation (which is way too close to now lol). I wish we were visiting more companies like that and less like CBS, but I guess I'll get to see the difference even closer. I'm also interested in Roadside Entertainment because motion graphics appeal to me as a possible career. I do think, however, that LA has a better motion graphics/production scene.

• How do your interests or skills fit with the firms that we are visiting?
I'm a graphic design student. How do my interests not fit with the firms we are visiting?... They are all visual design related.

• How would you define “West Coast” design? How does it defer from “East Coast” design?
USC doesn't have a very good grasp on design history or regional aesthetics. I hope I learn after we go. I know that San Fransisco and the Pacific Northwest have a certain aesthetic just from design books I buy. Like Modern Dog or Chen and Associates have a more handmade feel to their design than any other studios I've seen. I really like their work. As far as New York versus Los Angeles? I don't know too much about either.

No comments:

Post a Comment